The evolution of email marketing has given new opportunities to business leaders to grow their customer reach effectively and efficiently. With the use of newsletter marketing campaign on your Magento store, you can convey your messages to a large number of web customers and subscribers in the most engaging manner.
The purpose of newsletter marketing becomes even more vital when it comes to running a Magento eCommerce site. The newsletter marketing allows you to send product-based content through an email to encourage subscribers to make a purchase from your online store.
Magento and Magento 2 email marketing features.
Fortunately, the latest version of Magento, i.e Magento 2 offer you some of the stunning features that can help you manage the newsletter marketing campaign with ease. The platform makes it easy for you to build, add, send and cancel the professional looking newsletters subscriptions.
Even, you can check the reports of the sent newsletters and the analyze the obstacles encountered while sending them. In short, Magento can help you boost the email marketing strategies of your online business for increased conversion rates and sales.
So, here is a complete guide to help you understand the importance of newsletters for your online business, and the process to set up the newsletter marketing campaign on your Magento store.
How can Newsletter Increase your Sales?
Like other digital marketing initiatives, online businesses use newsletters to enhance the visibility of their brand for existing as well as new customers. It helps in boosting the number of leads and lets you build a strong subscription base.
Besides this, an effective newsletter marketing campaign can empower you to market your products, and give customers opportunities to visit your site over and over again. But for that, you need to focus on creating engaging, informative and professional looking newsletters that can convey your message to your subscribers in the most effective manner.
The strategy will help you convert your web visitors into subscribers and potential customers across the globe.
Things to consider for a successful Newsletter Marketing Campaign:
- Create your subscriber list
- Set your goals that you want to accomplish with your newsletters
- Know your targeted audience
- Determine how frequently you need to send your newsletters
- Use catchy headlines
- Add simple, clean and engaging content relevant to your product or service.
- Bring innovative ideas for better results and
- Up-to-date market trends.
Note: Don’t go too far with the self-promotion strategy. Be professional, authentic and customer-centric while creating your business newsletters.
The Ultimate Guide to Setup and Manage Newsletter Marketing Campaign on your Magento e-store (Magento 2):
As I mentioned above, Magento 2 comes with a great functionality to help you configure, create, send, and delete newsletters with ease. Now we will go through the steps that will let you set up newsletter campaign on your Magento store. There are six steps that we will cover here:
1. Configuring your Newsletters.
- To configure newsletter campaign, first you need to login to your Magento admin panel and then go to Stores > Configuration > Customers > Newsletter.
- Now you will be directed to the Subscription options page where you need to fill up the blank fields according to your requirements. After that, you can click on the “Save Config” button to save the changes.
2. Creating an impressive newsletter template.
Once your newsletter has been configured, the next step is to create a beautiful newsletter template. There are few simple steps you need to follow to create newsletter template for your Magento e-store.
- To create a template, navigate from your admin panel to the Marketing > Newsletter Template.
- Once reaching the Newsletter Templates page, you need to click on Add new Template button for creating a brand new template for your newsletter.
- On the New Template page, fill up the given fields for creating a new template for your newsletters.
- Hit the “Save Template” button to save the template for future use.
Note: Never restrict your newsletter marketing campaign with one template only. Try to use multiple styling to understand the initial response of existing customers and subscribers.
3. Sending a Newsletter to your Subscriber.
- After creating your newsletter template, revert to the Newsletter Templates page. Now click on the drop down under the Action column and select Queue Newsletter option.
- Mention the date and time on the Queue Information page for sending your newsletter to the potential subscribers.
- Make sure you choose the accurate date and time in the Queue Date Start field if you want to start sending the business newsletter.
- Once filling up the date and time, click on Save Newsletter button for implementing the values.
4. Managing your subscribers.
This is one of the crucial steps that will help you retain the interest of your subscribers for a long time. For that, you just need to manage your newsletter subscriptions.
- First, you need to navigate to the Customers > All Customers.
- Now you will be taken to the Customers Information page where you need to click on Actions button. Here, you will see an option to subscribe or unsubscribe a customer for the newsletter.
- Now select the number of customers from your list and click on Subscribe to Newsletter option. You can also click on Edit option against a specific customer if you want to select your subscribers.
- Navigate from your edit page to the Newsletter option under the Customer Information menu > tick the button for Subscribe to Newsletter > click on Save Customer button to save the changes.
5. Checking reports related to newsletter problems.
If your web customers are not receiving your newsletter on a defined date and time or you are receiving their complaints, then you must check the issue as soon as possible. Since Magento platform comes with a function to check the issues related to a failure of newsletter marketing campaign, you can cross- check the problem and send it again to your subscribers.
- All you need to do is to check the detailed report with the encountered issues while sending your newsletter from Reports > Newsletter Problems Report.
- Right on the reports page, you will get the reports for the issues, date and time of multiple newsletters you sent to the customers, along with reasons for the sent failed notifications.
6. Cancellation of subscriptions.
If you want to cancel the newsletter subscription for any of your existing customer, then go to the Marketing > Communications > Newsletter Subscribers. Or you can also do it from Customers >All Customers.
On the same page, select the customers who wish to discontinue the newsletter subscription.
Thereafter, click on the Unsubscribe or Unsubscribe from Newsletter right from the Actions menu drop down.
The blog post will help you manage your newsletter marketing campaign on your Magento store with ease. Now, you will be able to create, add, send, can cancel newsletter subscription for your Magento e-store in minutes. But make sure that you expand your customer and subscribers list by providing latest updates regarding your product or service for generating higher conversion rates.
Author Bio: Emily Benson is working for an Magento eCommerce Development Company, HireMagentoGeeks Ltd. She is also a blogger and always on the lookout for opportunities to publish content.